Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by B///MW View Post
lighter car with better handling characteristics/easier drifting via RWD is more appealing to me than the power aspect. Any thoughts on the rear wheel steering?
I'm not sure that the heavy weight of the 8-series can be considered as a contender from a drifting POV unless one is looking to melt the rear tires on a M8/M8C. That said I'd take the active rear steering on my 2020 M850i coupe any day of the week for real world driving value. That assumes that the 840i Xdrive includes it as well.

Case-in-point is my neighborhood streets have numerous "roundabout" speed enforcement areas vs the typical speed bumps. In my outgoing Lexus performance sedan with RWD I used to take them at ease at 30 MPH vs their design goal of 15 MPH. Now that I'm accustomed to the extra length of the M850i coupe with the active rear wheel steering I'm pushing 40 MPH when I feel like having some fun.
Hahahahaha......

As a side note, that reminds me of a time when we were visiting one of my wife's friends, who drove a suburu and lived on a fairly busy two lane arterial. She pestered the city to install speed bumps and was finally successful. She was so proud, the next time we saw them. I said, "You know, Sarah, it just means I now have to go at least twice as fast between them I order to maintain my average speed, don't you?"

We've never been invited back.
Appreciate 0