01-15-2020, 02:39 PM   #516
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Here's a case of what not to do.

A cop friend of mine was working some voluntary OT, interviewing some of the victims of a rash of burglaries and gathering info on what had been stolen. He was in uniform, driving an unmarked but fully equipped Crown Vic.

He was driving to his next interview and sort of "rolled" a 4-way stop in a residential neighborhood where he could clearly see there were no other cars approaching the intersection. This is in the middle of a clear day.

A block or so later, he's got a car on right on his tail. He can hear the horn honking and can see headlights flashing and arms waving. He figures it's someone wanting to alert him to something, or possibly having an emergency of some sort. So he pulls to the curb.

The other driver stops behind him and stumbles and weaves his way up to his window and in a very slurry and hoarse voice scolds him "Hey, asshole, you didn't stop at that f*ckin' stop sign back there!" And then only a second later "Mr. Thirsty" spots my buddy's uniform and all the radio gear and the laptop in the car and mumbles "Ah, fuck..." Yes, he got a DUI. I seem to recall he blew a pro-level BAC of something like .25.

Don't drink and drive. And if you do, for fuck's sake don't pull over a cop.
vreihen1615557.50