11-29-2020, 06:44 PM   #60
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Absolutely agree as when I got the "low coolant" alert with the warning on engine damage it obviously freaked me out. To that point whom would want a message stating that "vehicle will shutdown soon" message innocuous bug or not? I too am a perfectionist (to the chagrin of my wife) and ultimately will need to get my feet wet in the world of BMW flashing/coding, etc. just like yourself as I prefer to keep my destiny in my own hands vs relying on my SA and my dealer's techs. That said I have nothing but goodwill with my SA as he made it so for my update to 07/2020.60 with no static whatsoever once I explained it was a feature enhancement available to all iDrive 7 owners.
I am also guilty on all counts including being a perfectionist at the frustration of the wifey, although after 20 years she's become one of late (yes gents it can happen ). Getting the message my vehicle will shut off when driving is beyond disconcerting but thankfully if the vehicle is driven often or kept on the trickle it does not occur. The weird thing is my CTEK made BMW 8 step trickle charger is doing weird things even after replacement and I'm betting the software bug is creating some kind of occasional current draw, thankfully even w/o being on the charger the car cranks quickly and fires right up.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0