View Single Post
      11-29-2020, 06:37 PM   #59
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
Thanks, will correcting the software bug necessitate an update thereby affecting my exhaust? I've asked my dealer to look into the exhaust neutering and they have been mum...
It depends as mentioned in a previous post. We cannot be sure BMW did it, but I was thinking actually re-coding the BDC ECU (Vehicle Order code ecu) would be worth a try and take maximum 5 minutes including all the preparations and the procedure itself which would last 15-20 seconds. In a few words this is equal to resetting the ecu as per the good ol' saying "have you turned it off and on again?"
Now if they mean flash/update ecu when using the word "programming" then they would usually flash the complete car for the other ecus' dependencies and not only (old IStep Level as well). You could however ask your dealer for this detail and say to them whether "they can only update the BDC ecu without touching anything else" and if there are any consequences in doing so vs. what they recommend - just to hear their official version. Updating the BDC probably takes somewhere between 10 and 20 minutes only whereas the MGU headunit can take a whole hour for example.
Appreciate 1
RJC-11291.50