tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Yeah next year that will be my option. A new X2 m35 or a certified X4 M40. Im single with no family but do a lot of golf and bike travel so need to see which one will work size wize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I just don’t understand this. I can understand new BMW buyers getting the X1 or X2 or 2er GC, but why would an established BMW owner willingly choose to go from a properly mounted inline six rwd designed BMW with a ZF transmission to a sideways mounted four banger fwd designed “BMW” with an Aisin transaxle?! As a side note - are y’all aware the xDrive in these cars is not the xDrive you are used to? They are 100% fwd until the system detects wheel spin of the front wheels and only then is any power directed to the rear wheels and then only for as long as absolutely necessary. If transverse mounted fwd is your choice then why pay the fairly substantial premium for a BMW roundel? There are almost limitless other options available for substantially less money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Maybe some people don't want to spend $15k more to get the inline 6 and ZF for a commuter vehicle? I've driven a few X1 loaners and they are perfectly fine for the average person driver that DGAF about engine orientation or if the AWD is FWD or RWD until slippage occurs. The only people that fret about stuff like that is car nerds on forums like us. The X1 makes a lot of sense for people cross shopping vehicles like the Q3 (vastly inferior) or GLA (one of the least reliable vehicles in the industry).
And my comment wasn’t addressed to “some people”. It was addressed to one specific person whose post sounded like he was considering going from an M240i to an FWD BMW with a transverse mounted motor and a transaxle and it turns out that person is one of the “car nerds on forums like us.” Fortunately, that’s not what he’s considering. And it was prefaced by basically saying I can understand those cars appealing to other people. Maybe you should read the post again.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Last edited by tturedraider; 11-09-2023 at 10:41 PM..
Appreciate 0