05-01-2020, 04:39 PM   #38
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Not much I can say the M8 that hasn't already been stated here. Very fast, smooth delivery, comfortable, high-tech overweight rocket. Love the car.

GTC looks much better IMO but I am biased. I think it's a gorgeous classic roadster; nothing tacky from any angle.
Pros: Endless hood, wide (over 4" wider than the M8), awesome engine (bigger turbos and gear ratio shared with the GTR), transaxle with a Getrag Dual Clutch that is actually well mated to the car, rear wheel steering. 800+lbs less weight, better steering, glorious exhaust.

Cons: Low tech on the gadgets. No HUD, no surround cameras, no Apple Car Play, noisy with the top up. Very little storage, shallow trunk aka. forget about buying a case of wine
Tight cabin. Forget rear visibility, you can literally see less than half the rear window in the mirror due to the soft top hump.
But... none of it matters, the car doesn't even pretend to be practical.

It has less power than the M8, is rear wheel drive and slower to 60. That said, it is a very fast car as well.
Surprising traction for RWD and the car gets faster from there. The higher in speed, the faster this thing goes. Quarter mile at 128mph stock, 11.2-4 sec.
At speed the GTC will easily walk the M8

Fun factor goes to the GTC (in good weather)
Good review of the GTC.

How do you find the ingress/egress comp'd to the M8? I'm guessing the M8 is easier, at least it is to me on the M850 vs the GTC.

128 traps with so-so traction is impressive and there's no doubt the real AMG's (not 43/53's) are monsters.

How do you find the fit finish between the M8 and GT? I have found my M850 to be pretty darn close to my S Coupes and other MB's I've owned, although the materials in the SC's appear to have been of a much higher quality.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0