View Single Post
      06-07-2022, 10:40 PM   #1
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Real Talk M8 Vert

Alright so it is starting to get pretty hot in AZ where the night temps are staying higher and higher. So my top down rides are getting less and less. I have to just express how severely impressed I am with the M8 Vert. I know this thing isn't really a sports car but more of a GT (grand tourer). But with that said today I went through a tunnel top up and later same tunnel top down. I got to have a bit of fun both ways M1 setup same gear etc.... My buddy was very disappointed about how quiet the M8 really is stock, matter of fact it was our topic for dinner as well. On the way back top down same pull same tunnel and we both were laughing our assess off, we both felt as though we had the wrong car driving home! I've owned 6 convertibles in my time from sports car to luxury and I don't know what the hell BMW does but the top up I would put money on it being as quite as a coupe.... I knew it was quiet but didn't realize how freaking quiet it really was till tonight. Sadly I still think top down aftermarket exhaust is needed. :thumsup

Any other convertible owners feel the same way as I??? I will never under estimate BMW engineering to produce a silent convertible this thing makes my old Merc E class sound like a freight train on the inside. Alright rant over...
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 1
Volcanic168.00