Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy Rich View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absurdium View Post
I think the comparison here is a bit off as the 9114S is a sports car that is made to be comfortable. M4 interior dimensions are already bigger than that of the 911 so the M8 in reality would feel like a much bigger car. Although porsche's always have trick suspension, I'd bet that the M850i would be more comfortable and refined as well. When you say it as "1100 pounds of weight just to fit golf clubs", it's easy to dismiss the actual purpose of the 8 series. However let's say you want to do a cross country trip with your SO, the utility and comfort of the 8 series would be much better suited for the task than the 911. This is really the purpose of all GT cars and why they are fundamentally different than sports cars; lots of power, big space, and style.
Of course you're right. And the 8's purpose is to be a GT. But I still wish a company with BMW's DNA would build a sports car.

I also have to say that BMW never wants to admit that they're building GTs ("no, no, the 8 doesn't compete with the S-Class coupe"). It almost feels like they're embarrassed to be building the cars that they are.
I have a 760whp M3, I don't see how BMW hasn't built a sports car.

It can go toe to toe with a 720s, even if it's tuned, then swap tunes and dominate on a track — it seats 4 adult sized humans and has 4 doors.

Don't know why you're bitching about a car that is in a far different class than their actual sports car...
What m3 can go toe to toe with a 720s? Get out of here with that nonsense man.

You could put wings on an m3 and it still wouldn't come close. Hahahaha
Appreciate 0