View Single Post
      11-27-2020, 02:51 AM   #4
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

I bought mine used (few KM and registered a little longer than a year ago) for less than half of the new price which was whopping (my 2019 M850i is full optional except for night vision and extended Merino Leather instead of full). In fact I prefer to buy my cars and not lease them given I want to perform retrofits, tune them and much more that I could not do with a lease without worrying or having to undo everything later on in case of not holding onto it. Labor costs here are very high and installing and uninstalling parts costs a fortune.....
For a brand new custom built (full options) M850i my dealer here in Switzerland gave me an offer with a 35% discount (this also included a negotiated fleet company discount) but it was almost 50 grand more than what the used market here spots right now if you are looking at a 2019 M850i. So I declined it and decided to buy it used but basically in mint conditions which was fundamental for me. Thus even if it depreciates further, which it will, my loss will be "contained" and given I like to hold a car for 5-6 years I feel good about what I paid for the enjoyment this is giving me and will give me in the years to come.
My take is if you like and want the car BUY it. If you are worried about huge depreciations, lease it or buy a 2019 M850i used of 1-2 years with low mileage which has most likely and already lost most of its value.
Appreciate 2
LSM1118.00