03-28-2024, 09:48 AM   #37
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACHT View Post
No. Matter of fact I had some even in comfort mode. I do think most of them (in Sport+) are piped in though.
Absolutely they do not. The gurgles/pops/bangs with the flaps open (just via drive mode or permanently with the fuse pulled) is a factor of the fuel mixture via the ECU. Sport and Sport plus have the richest mixture with the latter the maximum of course.

On the M850i they are 100% real vs fabricated. In fact I've pulled the ASD fuse as well so no fabrication on my M850i period. With the flaps permanently open I can hear the real exhaust even in comfort and ECO Pro above the B&W cranked at 40%+ volume.

I use Sport Individual for regular non-boring highway drives. Setting for that is engine on Sport Plus, transmission on Sport and chassis on Comfort. That way I get to fully relish in the Sport Plus exhaust fuel mixture with the less aggressive Sport transmission. To go full Sport Plus when I want that aggressive transmission then just toggle the shifter to the left which overrides puts it in full Sport Plus (same setting for doing launches).

I call the maneuver my poor man's M button.
Appreciate 0