Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
189mph vs 155mph is a pretty useless to feature to us here in there states and even then it's pretty questionable how strict that 155 limit is. The M2 for example can hit 165 even though it too is "limited" to 155.

I agree with you. Very unlikely they can remove it as it is on the Monroney sticker and therefore I believe it tied to the VIN. The most you can do is negotiate it off the price.
Yup, dealership said can't be removed. What a waste - even if someone really wanted the track-day aspect of it, it's not worth $2,500 and with COVID, who's going to be doing these events right now anyway? Seems like the option stays with the VIN and can only be used by the first owner.
For free, I'd take the track day and I'd go. But I wouldn't pay for it.

As others have said, everything can be fixed but the exhaust is the biggest change. I think there is a hard button near the shifter that opens and closes the exhaust. I don't think that can be added, but a tune can open the flaps or get a switch in the car with a tuner probably.

The exhaust and added buttons, might be like $10k installed. But you can probably get a better one than the stock one, like the Apkra one, and pipes especially if you don't need emission testing.

I'd wager you can take a non-comp, add $12k and get a better results with a new exhaust, ECU tune, and trim pieces installed.
Appreciate 0