Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
I saw 8 series coupe in the flash at Imsa event where Bmw had a tent with few of their top car models and a couple of race cars. 8 series is a horrible looking coupe. Looked extremely oversized, not sporty nor luxury. Yes interior is full of features but to me the car just didn't look right as a whole. I want to ask what else is in that price range in the class before I'd consider it.
Now that they presenting the test car in sedan form, I think this is great and what 8 series just should be. The sedan seems to look better with all those lines and in that size....
You do realize you just contradicted yourself right?

You said you saw the 8 series and it looked over sized and not sporty. Then you said the sedan form (Gran Coupe) looked better with all the lines and in that size.

1. The GC is longer than the coupe form.
2. The coupe form is shorter than the old 6.

:
Have you seen the 8 coupe?
I m surprised that after m4 and the last 6 series they built the 8 coupe in that particular design which by the way looks nothing like the concept that was floating around the news years prior. To me it looks anything but BMW.
And I m not contradicting myself. What I said was that GC will look more appropriate in that exterior design.