05-03-2015, 06:37 AM   #90
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Is CUE hated because it's the popular opinion in the media?

I don't have any issues with CUE in my dads ATS. I know how to use it, what to do is logical in my opinion, etc. Is it perfect? No, the zooming function( whether pinch to zoom or taping on the zoom in/out button) in the navigation is a bit slow, but the rest of the system is responsive with little lag.

There is a learning curve, but once you get use to it CUE isn't a huge negative as the media portrays it to be.

I also think people let their biases get in the way of assessing an interior. Whether it is because Cadillac isn't BMW so they bash the interior just because of their fanboyism or say the interior is crap( materials included) because the design is not to their tastes. Or you have Shocknawe who nitpicks every single small detail to death......
When I was looking to buy an ATS, I searched the ATS Forums and most owners said exactly what you wrote above. I didn't want CUE, but couldn't find a car without it. The ATS guys convinced me it is not that bad of a system and the benefit of getting it is the audio system is much better.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0