09-27-2020, 09:35 PM   #8
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
I have her hooked up to 2 x garage doors, the front door, doorbell, back doors, multiple Awair smoke/pollutant detectors, exterior lighting, interior lighting, various power outlets for floor lamps, 3 x Nest AC zones, house alarm, heated floor and various legacy IR devices (like TVs) through a couple of Bond smart IR emitters. Having Alexa integrated into the car natively would be HUGE for me... especially with directional geo-fencing to auto-open garage doors, unlock the back door, etc. It's such a chore pushing the home link button.

Note also that all of my doors also have a second factor PIN code lock because... well, because I'm me. :
We are two peas in a pod. I have a similar set up for lighting and Nest but when I remodeled the house my custom front door and cosmetic hardware ruled that out. The irony being is 99% of the home usage is to control the lights, e.g., Alexa "turn on/off" whatever. I never use the Nest commands as otherwise my wife would learn the capability and she'd be saying "Alexa, turn X thermostat to 70 degrees" when it's 115 outside. 76 is as low as it goes on my Nest schedule as otherwise I'll never see the expected 10-years out of either AC unit.

My Home Theater and TVs are all controlled by Control4 via physical touch pad devices or the mobile app. My wife used to bitch about the "complexity" as she was used to multiple remotes but I created a separate program for her needs for the bedroom TV (including the FireTV) and put the mobile app on her phone so she's been a happy camper. I love Control4 in the home theater as it controls the entire system including lighting and the motorized cellular aka Honeycomb Hunter Douglas black out blinds in the room. So during the daytime one button push on the controller fires up the system to my chosen source and handles the rest of the magic.
Appreciate 0