View Single Post
      05-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
cuban335i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i xdrive

HELP! What car to buy in the next year??

Hey Guys,
So I'm in a little dilemma. I've been going back and forth for a while now trying to figure out what is the best car for me to buy (I want to buy Summer 2012).

Here are my needs:
  • Price range: $80,000 MAX but would like it more around $75,000
  • I need to be able to drive it around 4 times a week so it has to be pretty reliable
  • I want it to be able to turn heads (something unique that has a clear presence)
  • It needs to be pretty fast (1/4 mile in the 11's to low 12's stock.. I don't track very much but plan to more with this next car)
  • I don't want to mod the engine or for looks besides wheels and a drop (so stock speed and looks are big to me)
  • It can be a 2 seater (preferably so)
  • Coupe or Convertible, but I have a thing for verts
  • It needs to be relatively new (2008 or newer)
  • It can be manual, but I'd kind of prefer a PDK/Dual clutch type of set up (I don't have TOO much stick experience)
  • I'm young so there's no worry about kids or anything
  • Interior needs to be somewhat luxurious

Cars that I have in mind that fit my criteria (somewhat in order of what I like the most to the least):
  • 2008 Porsche 911 Turbo (fast, reliable, sexy, but will be outdated and a new 911 is coming out next year but the next turbo will be out ~2014)
  • 2008-2010 Porsche 911 GT3 (not as fast, reliable?, sexy, but stick and not really a daily driver kind of car, it will be as new as I can afford)
  • 2011 Porsche GTS (widebody, fast, unique, centerlock wheels, newer, more daily drivable)
  • 2012 Nissan GT-R (not sure if they'll be in the low 80's by the time I'm ready to buy, sometimes I love how it looks and sometimes its just okay, interior isn't that great, maintenance nightmare from what I hear)
  • 2011 Nissan GT-R (definitely affordable, but pre-facelift which kind of sucks)
  • 2012/13 BMW M3 (not really that fast, but I'd be able to get it brand new and get some individual paint and interior options, It is going to get replaced in 2014/2015, BUT last n/a M3)
  • 2012/13 Mercedes C63 amg Coupe w/p31 package (again brand new, the exterior styling isn't my favorite, but interior is sick)
  • 2012/13 Porsche Boxster Spyder (not too fast but a real drivers car and convertible)

Cars that are out of the question because I'd look like I'm driving my dad's car or just not a car I'd want to daily drive due to maitenence and depreciation:
  • Aston Martin DB9
  • Maserati Gran Turismo
  • BMW M5 or M6
  • Mercedes E63 AMG or CLS 63 AMG

Please help me out guys. It's such a tough decision and I'm tried of thinking about it lol

-Matt
'12 e92 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo - ADV.1 ADV10, Volk TE37SL, OSS, Innotech F1, Arkym, iND
'09 e92 335i Alpine White/Saddle Brown - fully modded

Last edited by cuban335i; 05-04-2011 at 05:30 PM..
Appreciate 0