View Single Post
      01-13-2021, 03:23 PM   #10
Baron G15
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G15 8 Series, Audi Q8

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhousej View Post
Thanks for your feedback. I bought the car from Matthew at Cotswold BMW. It’s in Dravit Grey and fully loaded with pretty much every extra including the Carbon Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack and Technology Pack.

I’m not sure if it was a Master Tech who looked at the car but it was only a quick check on Saturday morning. They plugged it into the diagnostics and couldn’t find a fault. The technician couldn’t hear the crackling but Matt also listened and could he could hear the noise I was highlighting.

We’ve agreed that I’m going to go back after lockdown ends to compare my B&W system with one in another 8 Series when one is in stock. I’m sure they will then agree that the sound isn’t a trait of the car and take a deeper look. There is a setting to control the engine sound in iDrive but I’ve not tried altering this yet. I think this is set to ‘Balanced’ so I’ll try this in the other settings. I’m not sure if there’s a setting to completely turn this off but will ask the dealer to try this if I don’t manage to sort this myself.

Regards
Jimbo
If you’re bored during lockdown and want to verify for yourself just buy BimmerCode (and a dongle)....switching off the active sound generator is one of the presets.....you can’t screw anything up, it’ll switch it on/off at the touch of a button.....there isn’t a preset in the idrive to deactivate active sound.

https://bimmercode.app/cars/g15/
Appreciate 0