08-09-2017, 02:23 PM   #33
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobb View Post
Volvo is 100% owned by Geely Holdings (which owns many companies) and is 100% Chinese.

Please get your facts correct as you continually post erroneous information.
Dude.

From my previous post: "A holding company is far, far different from an actual corporation."

Please don't tell me you're one of those knee-jerk reactionaries. Figured there'd be a few of those across the pond, but still ... wow?

FYI: Geely's only owned Volvo Cars for seven years. And Volvo Cars' HQ is still in Gothenburg, Sweden. And Geely only owns Volvo Cars, not Volvo AB, which is Volvo's far more profitable truck division. Guess what else Volvo AB owns? Mack Trucks. Guess what else? Renault Trucks.

So do you really want to say that Mack Trucks, based in North Carolina (and formerly based in Brooklyn and Allentown, Pennsylvania), is now a Swedish company? (At least Volvo AB is a manufacturer, not a holding company!). And do you really want to say that Renault Trucks -- pretty much the only large truck manufacturer France has ever had that meant anything, though Citroen gave it a shot -- is now Swedish?

Riiiiight.
Appreciate 1
sirdaft12202.50