08-09-2017, 11:24 AM   #30
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobb View Post
Maybe the news from Europe passes you by. I assure you governments are moving fast. Local air quality is a big political issue.
It's a big political issue because it's easy to latch onto by politicians eager to be seen doing something positive by their populaces. Europe has much, much, much larger issues -- the problem is those issues are kryptonite to even broach publicly because they are so complex, the general populace has little capacity to understand them.

Want an example? Brexit. I see that you're in Manchester. Congratulations to your populace to shooting your Commonwealth's economic potential squarely in the foot for the next 10-15 years. And congratulations on the eventuality that Scotland and Northern Ireland will leave the UK within five years.

As for EVs ... Sure, England can force them on the populace. The UK, however, can't force them on, say, Australia's populace, or Canada's. You know what the two biggest problems to EV viability are in those two places? Climate and distance. The UK has neither issue.

Develop some foresight, and start looking at larger pictures. Both skills comes in handy.
Appreciate 0