03-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #29
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I feel your pain!!!

Capitol Project work is such a PITA when you have all your "ducks in a row"...and are constantly waiting for other people to finish their contributions.

Luckily, most of our Capitol Projects are ran start to finish by me, and I only have to get input from our EH&S guy, and he and I actually worked at a prior company together...so we are on the same page.

But god we have so much "red tape" to go through to do anything here. Just a simple modification to a reactor requires a Management of Change which I have to fill out that is 12 pages long in addition to any changes I may need to make to a P&ID drawing.

Also my version of AutoCAD is so old, I can boot it up, walk away, and do something else for almost 10 minutes before it's ready to use!
YES! You completely understand! It's a continual battle of being 3-5 steps ahead of everyone else and constantly trying to forecast their actions or reactions and then plan accordingly so that you aren't behind the 8 ball. you HAVE to be prepared for whatever direction they decide they want to go at the drop of a hat.

My biggest complaint here is lack of communication and accountability. Some here don't want to lose their sense of pride in being transparent to those that it actually helps. I've come to realize that my job, my affiliation with the safety committee and my being a trainer earns me no friends. It doesn't bother me though, I get paid for fact based results not if someone likes me. I try to be fair and honest to everyone here but rationality with factory workers is not common place. Basically whatever department I'm currently working on a project for, I can expect everyone in that department to be upset with me before it's over.

I don't even have AutoCAD. I have to email myself blueprints and manipulate them in a free version of SketchUp on my personal laptop.

Last edited by King Rudi; 03-15-2019 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00