View Single Post
      08-19-2009, 11:39 AM   #106
wiggyx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2004 Neon SRT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Hey, you brought up the subject of it's looks not me.

You are right about no electronic gizzmo getting in the way, but then you wouldn't compare the sheer joy of driving an Elise to the man handling require for the ACR. I think you are missing the point I was making, the Viper is simply about the numbers as with most American muscle car, big capacity, big horsepower, big torque, big wide tyres, big overal width, etc, etc. And no I am not a Euro snob but I do not get American love of everything having to be SUPERSIZED.

Actually about the quality of the product, yes I did get to drive one, no I wasn't impressed but that may have be down to the fact it filled the width of the road and you were always concerned about other road users around you.

Oh an I actually like the ZR1 but given the choice I would chose any other exotic sportscar from Europe ahead of it, as no doubt would just about everyone else.
I didn't "bring up the looks". Plenty of people did that before I got here. I just posted my criticism of the looks. I wasn't debating them, as there is no debate. Nobody here seems to think the car is attractive.

What does the Elise have to do with anything here? Yeah, it's a great car, but it's not at all in the same category as the Viper. Stay focused. Also, I like how you think the Viper is "just about the numbers". Give me a break.

Sorry you have narrow roads there. That has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with your location. The US is HUGE. Big country, big, wide roads. It fits our roads just fine. Being rather small myself (~170cm) I don't like driving really large vehicles. The Viper is about as big as I'd ever feel comfortable driving. By US standards the Viper isn't terribly large.

The bold bits only serve to prove my point. No matter what, you'll always buy European. And man, are you presumptuous! "I would chose any other exotic sportscar from Europe ahead of it, as no doubt would just about everyone else." Don't go speaking for everyone else there, bud. You sure as hell don't speak to my likes and dislikes. Your (rather biased) opinion is yours, not the rest of the car buying population.
Appreciate 0