08-19-2009, 11:30 AM   #105
Robo Squirrel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Hey, you brought up the subject of it's looks not me.

You are right about no electronic gizzmo getting in the way, but then you wouldn't compare the sheer joy of driving an Elise to the man handling require for the ACR. I think you are missing the point I was making, the Viper is simply about the numbers as with most American muscle car, big capacity, big horsepower, big torque, big wide tyres, big overal width, etc, etc. And no I am not a Euro snob but I do not get American love of everything having to be SUPERSIZED.

Actually about the quality of the product, yes I did get to drive one, no I wasn't impressed but that may have be down to the fact it filled the width of the road and you were always concerned about other road users around you.

Oh an I actually like the ZR1 but given the choice I would chose any other exotic sportscar from Europe ahead of it, as no doubt would just about everyone else.
but you are defending the looks, if you didnt defend them...then we wouldnt have to argue.

the viper isnt simply about numbers, its about an old school front engined race car experience, (AC Cobra) They can handle well with a few suspension upgrades. I had a 97 GTS, it was a hobbled together piece of rubbish....but i loved it...the most exciting car ive ever owned. you never felt total safe, which made it fun, but if you are a good driver, it would reward you.

It would handle as well as an elise, but that isnt the viper's M.O.

I love the exige/elise as much as i love vipers, but for totally different reasons...

The elise has a corolla engine....the viper has a truck engine, so what