08-19-2009, 11:19 AM   #103
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
I AM NOT DEBATING WHETHER OR NOT THE CAR IS UGLY. That's obviously been covered. We all think it's ugly. Got it.

I'm not going to re-state what I'm arguing for the third or forth time.
Hey, you brought up the subject of it's looks not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
Its proportion (tiny cockpit with long, exaggerated hood, etc), wide stance, simple but effective graphics, etc. Basically all the things that you don't like about it. It doesn't require a DOHC, direct injected, COP, whatever engine to be pure. Nor does it need to do its job with finesse. What makes it pure is its lack of electronic gizmos that keep the driver going straight now mater how terrible a driver they may be, its no-nonsense, spartan cabin, its configuration that helps to ensure performance, and not driver comfort. As for quality, who are you to question it? Ever owned one?

You sound like some Euro snob that thinks every US car is complete shit. Am I right?
You are right about no electronic gizzmo getting in the way, but then you wouldn't compare the sheer joy of driving an Elise to the man handling require for the ACR. I think you are missing the point I was making, the Viper is simply about the numbers as with most American muscle car, big capacity, big horsepower, big torque, big wide tyres, big overal width, etc, etc. And no I am not a Euro snob but I do not get American love of everything having to be SUPERSIZED.

Actually about the quality of the product, yes I did get to drive one, no I wasn't impressed but that may have be down to the fact it filled the width of the road and you were always concerned about other road users around you.

Oh an I actually like the ZR1 but given the choice I would chose any other exotic sportscar from Europe ahead of it, as no doubt would just about everyone else.
Appreciate 0