06-02-2020, 01:46 AM   #19
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Jeezus I wouldn't wish a FCA product on my worst enemy. No matter how compelling.

Of course, I wouldn't wish a Corvette on my worst enemy either now.

For the OP's described usage case? Not a lot of driving because work from home? Tesla Model 3 Performance. Enough straight-line speed to blow the doors off of 99% of cars on the street today, and even hang the new C8 mid-engine Corvette. Due to low center of gravity, will likely handle nearly as well too, with backseats to boot. No long daily commute means charge it once and drive it for a month.

Plus the electric motor won't blow up, seize up, leaving you without a car at the dealership for 3-4 months at a time.

Unfortunately, for me, my rule is there must ALWAYS be a car with 3 pedals in the garage. ALWAYS. Otherwise the world ends and we all die. So if I was in the OP's shoes, I can't do the Model 3 Performance (although, *I* still can because the MZ4 Coupe is a 6 speed manual).

The only right answer, though, is always the only right answer to all car related questions.

Mazda Miata.
I have not had any real issues with the vette, but it makes me uneasy. Like I keep having minor stuff popup that seems to end up being nothing, but still they stay in the back of my mind. Plus ruins my drive that day and given the fact I don't get to drive it much sucks more.

The only reason I bring up Tesla is because I could get a model 3 for similar price as the vette and it would be a totally different thing for me. I have owned a lot of different cars, but never had an electric one.

We actually have a race shop with a couple race miatas if I ever needed to get some miata out of my system.
Appreciate 0