06-26-2019, 04:50 PM   #38
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
It looks like you have a 128 so this might not be relevant. I have a 328 (E93) and went with the BMW offering. It folds in half side-to-side so it actually fits in the trunk when not in use. Cost new was stupid but I found a used one. Zero complaints.

(not my car)
I've got one of those too. I couldn't recommend it more. I picked it up second hand for less than $100 - they don't come up often at that price, but it does happen. I rarely get to use it though, because I've got child seats in the back, and it won't fit with them installed - but that's a situation that won't last forever.

I actually forgot (when I posted above) the #1 reason why I drive with the top down and windows up -

Because I'm on the phone.

Our cars have bluetooth handsfree, so someone will call when you're driving around with the top down. You can pull over and put the roof on, or you can just wind the windows up and keep on driving.

More often than not, if I'm doing less than 100kph with the windows up and the roof off, it's because I'm on the phone and want to hear what the other party is saying.
Appreciate 2
..Rush..973.50
wdb4732.00