10-03-2020, 09:48 PM   #54
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBMWWINS View Post
Sure RJ no problem let me know and I will try to measure as exact as possible. I will have to fetch a soft meter stick because these paints are delicate and the one I have can easily cause scratches. Could there also be some car body paint shops who may have dealt with such things already and have perhaps some template or some sort of a draft to guide one with such operation?

Also I checked the M Emblem on my F32 4 series model and it is NOT cerium color - though also not black. It appears to be the same size and is the same one mounted on the newer BMWs as well (G-Series cars):

G01
G02
G08
G11
G12
G20 - G21
G28
G29

The part number is: 51148058881

Therefore anyone who wants it ORIGINAL, and does not wish to get it cerium and then having to paint it, could purchase the above part number and be up and running in no time.
Thanks, this forum, and the people here are just great.

Does your M850 trunk emblem match the fender's which appears to be chrome or is it cerium? Mine is a darker matte gray which I guess is considered cerium and why I ordered the badge in cerium.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0