Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
I had the same problem issue after service. I went in and they wiped the software, reset all the coding I did and all my settings.
It wasn't a password thing but bmw software updates seem to come out two or three times a year. After talking to many people, it seems to be a common occurrence. Takes 3-4 hours, they rarely have loaners, and they wipe all your stuff recoding.

After going through it once, I'm can tell ya I'm not taking mine back to the dealership unless I have to for warranty work.
The wiping of all settings is indeed a total issue. That said if BMW did it right and sync'd them to the cloud (aka secure server called out in the app) that would be a thing of the past. Google Android and Apple iPhone's do this and hence not a stretch of the imagination in any what way but rather poor digital experience on BMW's part.

I've also read on many other posts in regards to the lack of loaners, etc. especially for 8-series flagship customers. Thankfully in my case the dealer I bought my wife's X5 and my M850i from always accommodate me with a loaner. More so even to as I posted given my size they provide an appropriate vehicle to ensure my comfort.

The lack of loaners is a dealership issue and not sure if you have more than one in your area but if so I'd look elsewhere. The key being that warranty/maintenance is a higher gross income than the initial sale of the car. So any dealer will be happy for your warranty/maintenance work to make you a satisfied customer.
yeah, I'm a big guy too although shorter than you. I'm 6'1" and used to be under 200 until 5 years ago, now I'm around 400 lbs. so "fit" is important to me. it's part of the reason I went for the m850i over a small Porsche.

I live near 1 dealership but I bought it from a dealer near my old office [30 miles away]. the next closest dealership is almost 2 hours away because it's on the other side of the beltway (Maryland).

but honestly after service at both VA ones, I might go service my m850i in Maryland.
Appreciate 0