02-22-2020, 08:41 PM   #90
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Given I had to share my password with my SA and ultimately the tech whom worked on the M850i yesterday obviously a password change was in the cards for today. Given the password change is done via https://connecteddrive.bmwusa.com/ I made note of their password requirements and to my prior post on advice from BMW CA's they require complexity as that is baseline security in the digital world we all live in.

As you will all note, an "@" is allowed as a special character and hence my original choice to include. My original password with the "@" for my Connected Drive account was set up in December 2016 when my wife's 2017 X5 landed. It wasn't until late December that the Remote 3D View stopped working on my M850i and then ultimately on 2/13 everything. The puzzling factor is my wife's X5 with iDrive 6 continued to work flawlessly so hence the theory in an earlier post that somehow iDrive 7 is in play.

I'm willing to bet that the software changes deployed on the BMW cloud (aka secure server) side in late December (broke the M850i's Remote 3D View) and February which broke everything for the M850i did not get properly tested with all special characters for a password in regards to iDrive 7 equipped vehicles.

My new updated password utilizes "#" as the special character and so far so good. RJC-1 if your special character is not a "#" as well can you share it so we all at least know what is working?

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0