View Single Post
      02-15-2024, 07:50 AM   #18
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8cs

Garage List
My first 8 series was a 2019 M850i which had PZeros. It was March 2020 when I purchased it and it had been on the lot for a while through hot summer months and cold winters in the interior of British Columbia. Needless to say, the tires had gone bad and needed replacing under warranty. I don’t know how the PS4s would have held up in comparison, but the PZeros should have held up a little better than that. But what do I know about tires. The car was sitting for a long time.

Now with all my experience with tires, the only tire I would not recommend on the street is the hancooks, which I run on the track because they hold up, but they have no grip whatsoever on the street and make my M8 unmanageable on the street without the traction aids on. The PS4s and Cup 2s were much better on the street and didn’t spin up nearly as quick, which is to be expected.

I have not run PZeros on the M8, but surprisingly, with the Pirelli winters on the car, on dry pavement, and normal driving, I can’t really tell the difference between the PS4s and the winters in normal driving conditions. With the weight of the car, I don’t think there’s enough feedback from tires to really tell what’s going on until you hit the accelerator. On the track, different story of course.
Appreciate 2
RJC-11291.50