02-11-2020, 10:10 AM   #206
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
I haven't read this 10-page thread, but I'll give you my take on it. I lost 30 lbs in 3 months a few years ago, and have kept the weight off. Here's what worked for me.

First, like a good boxer, it's not about the one punch, it's about the combination. So stacking good's will absolutely make a great.

- 8 to 10 hour eating window in line with your circadian rhythm
- first thing you eat in a day can't have refined sugar in it
- drink only water (no funny water, just water)
- make sure you do some sort of exercise every single morning
- cut your portions by 1/3
- cut your bread by 2/3
- no overt sweets (cookies, candy, cake, ice cream, etc) until you start to drop weight, then limit them by 80%
- if you can do without soda you're 10,000% better off
- cut out as many preservatives as you can, as these hold on to fat in your cells
- do some sort of weight lifting every other day for at least a half hour, doesn't have to be heavy, you're only looking to change your muscle density

If you add all these good things up you'll have a great result for absolute certain. Depending on your particular genetics, where you are in your body curve (closer or farther away from optimal), and how hard you hit it will determine the speed of your loss.

Now for the weird part.

Your body gets into a rhythm. So if you're 200 lbs and 50 lbs overweight, and you eat 4 cupcakes, your body is affected differently than if you're 150 lbs and eat those same 4 cupcakes.

What I'm saying is, although it's absolutely true that you can't out-work a bad diet, you can certainly get away with more if you're not overweight, and you're working out regularly.

At 138 lbs I still enjoy ALL the things I used to enjoy at 170 lbs, I just enjoy them less, and I work out a lot more.

One other thing that really helped me was thinking about going back in time, since I'm 49 and feeling that crunch. I looked back at all the times I had written down my weight, put them all into an excel spreadsheet, and then thought back to when I was happy with my body. As I started to drop weight I saw it as going back in time, so I was always like "hey, if I can drop 5 more lbs I'll be the same weight I was in 2004!" That sort of thing really helped me a lot.

I ended up getting down to 129 lbs (same weight I was in 1986), and had pushed it a bit too far (41 lb loss), so then I started adding muscle.

At present I'm 138/139/140, medium muscular, eat pretty much whatever the hell I want, and feel fantastic.

Last edited by VisualEcho; 02-11-2020 at 10:16 AM..
Appreciate 2
uniqueMR1879.00