View Single Post
      12-05-2018, 09:31 AM   #82
StealthFish
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: FR F82 M4

So many that are for the manual dipstick. I guess I am the few that love the electronic level on my M4 and 435i GC. I came from 10 years of having the dipstick in my STi and man was it a pita during the cold or hot summer heat (Houston). Plus it isn't always correct either. Drive, pull dipstick, wipe, put, pull, wipe, check...oh man...same thing that you would have to do anyways even if it's a manual stick. I once filled the car with the same amount of recommended oil and drove around the block and checked and saw it was little under the dipstick. Pour in just a bit and then saw it was over the F mark after being below L. That's .25 quart I put in but the level raised by 1 quart! I am done with the manual stick. The electronic one gets me to sit in the car and check is way easier. At low mark, put in 1L, if half. Also the STi didn't have a low indicators like BMW, so blown ringlands and rods bearing is and still is a huge issue in those cars. Thanks god for low indicator to put more oil in my M4.
Appreciate 1