View Single Post
      10-18-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
E90T
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90

I just test drove the new Audi A4 2.0 and A3 2.0T with DSG

The DSG on the A3 was complete shit, I was expecting more of an SMG feel but it was not there. It felt the same or worse then the BMW Steptronic. It was lag city and the shifts where pretty slow. It felt clunky on the downshifts. The turbo didn't seem fast at all and lagged like shit. I rented a PT Cruiser Turbo on vacation last summer and it felt way Torquer (SP)

The 2.0T was a manual and I was much more impressed by it, but again it was lag city and didn't feel that fast. The Quatro was nice but nothing special compared to BMW's 50\50 weight distribution, I would honestly have to say the 325 I test drove without the sports package felt the same if not better. I really like the interior and externior but was not all that impressed with the car.

Now you're probably saying who does this BMW fanboy think he is? Well I'm wide open the trying everything before making a desision and I honestly have to say BMW > Audi in every fucking possible way.

PS I also took out a 335 coupe and that is honestly the best car I've ever driven.

And the fucking price of an Audi is astounding, and then you factor in the reliability I don't know why anyone in their right fucking mind would choose an Audi over a BMW.

Audi sucks, I can say this with confidence and merit having tested both varations of cars in the same class.
Appreciate 0