Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by am3r1ka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
So what does the 8GC compete with??? I feel like its a lot more expensive than an A7/CLS, but still similar in size? Or does it maybe compete with the AMG GT 4D?
It's still in that range of A7 & CLS. Only difference is you'll probably get a prestige A7 for the GC base price. Same for CLS. I see depreciation in the future making them all near same price point. Maybe Panamera is the closest competitor in terms of pricing.
Yeah, my CLS is mostly loaded (missing a few little options) but flies right under the 6 figure mark. A base M850i is $108k and loaded seems to be $123k. While the CLS isn't as fast and lacks the 2 extra cylinders that the bimmer has, I still don't know about whether I'd be willing to jump $25k in price for a similarly optioned M850GC, although the 840 is always an option I guess...

Luckily I still have 2 years on my lease, but I'm very interested in how the 8GC drives. I'm hoping its more impressive than the M550 that left me disappointed last time I tested it.
Yeah I saw plenty of people complaining how the M550i is just a numb rocket. I have high hopes for the M850i. But keep in mind that it's still a very heavy car. I've heard it manages to hide it's weight very good but you still know it's there. BMW will probably save all of the best dynamics for the M8GC but that'll easily touch $150K+