04-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #45
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I believe there is more sound deadening in the Audi so this might explain why it's not quite as vocal as the M3, also the two engines though similar in concept and execution have different noises, part the engine, part the intake and partly the exhaust.

Now back to the topic.

Some here view the EVO review as proof positive that the RS5 isn't as good as the M3, while I am a great fan of both the magazine and Chris, I and you also have to remember that all the other reviews have given praise beyond almost any Audi with the possible exception being the R8, but given it's format and layout I think everyone can rule out that this car will be a walk over for the M3, even in elements like involvement and entertainment.

Next, some here still believe it will not be quicker than the M3 in acceleration. Chances are that it will out accelerate an M3 from a stand still, especially so on the public roads but from a rolling start it is sure to be close and though the M3 M-DCT might have the edge (I say questionable) the gap at best will be a few feet and certainly not car lengths. As the handling, well sorry guys but according to everything I have heard I think you will be surprised at the rate this thing takes corners and no the M3 can't do the same, at least not at the same speed.

One thing I will say in favour of the M3 is that to get these improvement Audi has brought a lot more technology to bare compared to that of the M3 which has good old fashioned balance, but the same could be true of the GT3 and no one seems to complain about it.
+1 on every point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMAN View Post
Chris Harris is bias because he owns an M3
No.
Appreciate 0