View Single Post
      11-07-2017, 08:02 AM   #30
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabrichx View Post
I do believe when I see enough of the smartest people in every field focusing on the fact that robotics and automation will eliminate roughly 33% of the current jobs in the next 10-20 years.

This is just part of that future that virtually every influential industry leader is predicting.

At one time horse owners also stated “let them try and replace my horse...telling me I cannot use the paths into town”.

Time driving is a waste of time, even if some enjoy it.

Human productivity is increasing dramatically with the help of automation to do the mundane tasks.

Disruption is real and happening daily.
The problem in history w/ increases of human productivity (and there has been a steady and sometimes step-wise ramp up) is the question of who is really benefiting from it
One can argue in the past trickle down from the owners of capital has benefited mankind in general but often that is largely only seen in countries higher up in the production chain and only after much conflict (as seen in the era of the robber barons)
So I guess what I am proposing is that yes robotic automation will continue to spur wealth and productivity gains (many factory processes already are in part automated) but historically it has been largely going to the owners of capital.. and the lower you are in the totem pole the more "useless" to the system you become.. and that will simply exacerbate as the trend continues.. until something forces open the trickle down from the capital owners onto the seemingly undeserving (to the wealthy) though existent populations at the bottom of the chain
Appreciate 0