11-21-2020, 11:15 AM   #28
Brain_attack
Riding the stars
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da808dad View Post
So was gonna take the m850 out to do some errands yesterday and when I got in the car and started her up I got an error message which popped up saying that I had low coolant level and to take it in to nearest dealer and don't drive it or it could cause damage to engine.

I googled low coolant levels for a m850i and found a BMW service bulletin for M5's and m850i's which stated that the filling procedure at the factory could have filled it to below the minimum level and the correction to this was to just top off the coolant.

However, as I had to go run the errands I left the car at home and used my sons car instead. When I got home later on I checked the coolant level and the reservoir was full and topped off. Started the car back up and the error message was gone. Drove the car to work today and everything was fine.

Anyone else had this issue before? My car is a 2019 with only about 3500 miles on it.
My car is 7000 and had same issue. I went to my dealer and they told me its air bobble that ascended overtime . they are use to see it around 6000-8000 miles.
Appreciate 0