View Single Post
      01-29-2023, 01:17 PM   #36
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
That's the thing. I get some people got FU money and don't care. Fine. Those people existed even before this crazy car market. However how did apparently everyone get enough FU money to be paying ridiculous prices for "normal" cars. I mean I don't think anyone looking at a civic is cross shopping with a 911. Even the C8 is still going for over MSRP used. I get that we had the chip shortage and what not, but at this point I feel the manufacturers are in on it. Many of them have been raising prices and I'm sure they like selling less vehicles and making more $$.

The only car I have personally paid MSRP for was the Tesla and it's also only one of like 2-3 cars that I've ever bought new. I've been looking for a fun car after selling my mustang and I feel prices on many cars are definitely coming down, but I also feel a lot of dealers have just stuck their head in the sand and are ignoring the market and continue to list cars for exaggerated prices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Exactly. It seems like everyone magically got rich overnight & has FU $ to overpay for houses, cars, etc.

It does not add up.
To me, the only thing that seems to make sense is that MORE people are now MORE willing to get into serious debt... like a yolo type of situation. You're absolutely right, a lot of people have money but this didn't happen overnight in all sectors of the economy and for what it seems like everyone...
Cos270608.50