United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i E92 LMB

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
BMW ///M: Creating modes for things you didn't know you needed different modes for.

How about less modes and electronic nannies and less weight and get back to making "The Ultimate Driving Machine"
BMW is totally trying to upsell on Tech, and interior seating...

... these settings and modes will be used a lot more by M2 and M4 drivers than M8 drivers... but it probably will be a while before any trickle down to the plebeian models.

The new system brings together the brake activation, brake booster and braking control functions within a compact module. The integrated braking system reduces weight by around two kilograms and employs a vacuum-free brake booster to enhance the car's overall efficiency. The brake pressure required is triggered by an electric actuator, which allows it to be generated more dynamically and also ensures significantly faster and more precise interventions from the driving stability control system.

The integrated braking system also does an excellent job of allowing vehicle deceleration to be geared precisely to the driver's requirements and of generating sublime pedal feel in any situation. Braking feedback to the driver is unimpaired by wet road surfaces, significant lateral acceleration or high brake temperatures, and this ensures precise metering of braking power at all times. The version of the new braking system developed for BMW M models also presents the driver with two pedal feel settings.

let's hope the Electronic braking setup is better tuned than BMW EPS.. I would hate to lose brake pedal feel ALSO..
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post

let's hope the Electronic braking setup is better tuned than BMW EPS.. I would hate to lose brake pedal feel ALSO..
You're going to be disappointed. When in recent memory has anything that has gone electronic not sucked on the first few iterations?

They're still sorting out the EPS after how many years and updates? I don't understand when you have other companies like Porsche who seem to have come very close to what hydraulic steering was.

BMW CCA Member# 481791
Current: 2013 E92 328i LMB/Saddle Brown (1 of 21 for E92 LCI in that combo), 2018 F31 330xi AW/Saddle Brown
Sold: 2011 1M BS/Black, 2008 E90 328xi AW/Beige, 2001 E46 330xi SG/Black
Appreciate 1