View Single Post
      01-31-2021, 10:47 AM   #24
Rogerha
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 840d Dravit Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemaxpeter View Post
Following on this post, I will relay my story so far, Booked in the car as others have experienced on slow manoeuvre's, the front tyres are being pushed along by the rears making horrible jumping movements and noises. The car has done just 8000 miles and BMW informed that all 4 tyres were shot. BMW dealer couldn't even offer replacements for a month due to Christmas and Covid. Kwik fit supplied and fitted the OE Bridgestone 007's then the car returned to BMW for alignment check. Was found to need no adjustment and was then charged for the check then the response was no further action required as it is a feature of the 8 series. I have owned previously numerous M cars from new, M3,M4, M5 X5M and none have ever went through tyres at under 10k miles. Complained to BMW UK who then offered to pay for the tyres I had just fitted, when I informed them it was not just the cost of the tyres it was the way the car drove. On parking it is embarrassing the noise the front wheels make and the way the car jumps in to the space. In Scotland it is cold just now that makes the problem sound worse, but in summer the problem is still there it is just shredding the inner and outer edges of the tyres then. When I refused the first offer from BMW UK to pay for the set of tyres I had just replaced, they upped the offer to pay for the next set as well, I am now going to ask BMW to take the car back as I am not prepared to continue with the embarrassment of driving it the way it is. I have scoured the brochure and I can't find where it tells me that the car will embarrass you and keep burning tyres at this rate. I will keep everyone updated with their response
I hear you fella, although BMW offered me absolutely nothing except a ‘Go f*&k yourself’. The DVSA are still pushing BMW hard on my case, so much like yourself, I’ll keep the thread posted - it’s a long process.
Appreciate 0