View Single Post
      04-22-2008, 08:13 AM   #28
colonel1961
Rammer Jammer
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSlowMoseS View Post
Your welcome for the pics. I have to go through them again & pic out my favs to add to my screensaver.

You probably know more about Ferrari's than I do, I'm only 29 and just starting to get to know them.

I do have 3 good reasons to believe it is a 275GTS though; My father-in-law said it was (he's had his GTB for about 25 years & has bought & sold many different Ferrari's), I believe I heard the announcer say it was a 275 when they were getting their 3rd place award (you may even hear it in the video, it was the car behind us), & I remember seeing the 275 emblem on the trunk lid when I was looking over it. I'm just not positive on the year, although I'm sure it is 1-3 yrs newer than the '65, I'm thinking '66 for some reason.
Wow - great info. I had just assembled all my data and was conluding that it was absolutely a 330GTS based on the Ferrari website, web searches and several books that I have in my collection (including a picture of that exact style car - in black - badged as a 330 (GTS). The 275GTC is very similar, if not a direct descendant of the 330GTS, but there is not record of a 275GTS that I can find, or that looks anything like the silver car shown in the photos. Perhaps the vehicle in question is a 'one-off', which would not be unusual at all for Ferrari...

Again, thanks for the great pictures and information. I will now stop beating this dead horse! And keep learning about and loving Ferraris!

:wink:

p.s. let me congratulate you for marrying someone with a father who has a 275GTB - you're obviously smarter than me...
Appreciate 0