06-09-2020, 08:18 PM   #103
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot47fla View Post
As the OP, I agree. As aggravating as it is to still be without the apps and other functionality I had when I brought the car in for “service” this past March, my priorities also include a mostly functional ConnectedDrive app (I still can’t receive destinations in the car, which I could before March), an operating wi-fi connection, and also not having to ask r33_RGSport to recode me yet again.

So, rather than taking the risk, I’ll just sit on this flawed software until I summon the courage to bring the car in for its next “service” in 2021.

(I note that, according to RGW, BMW still hasn’t figured out a way to save our settings and restore them after a software “upgrade.”)
The irony is one of the things that sold me on BMW was the iDrive 6 in my wife's X5 which has performed flawlessly from day 1. Including every time she tells me that she needs navigation to a destination. I pull up the ConnectedDrive app, plug in the name, etc. and send it to her X5. She see's the "message" available within iDrive, selects it, selects the address and she is on her way. With the 11/2019.55 iDrive 7 build in the M850i the same process flawlessly works 100% of the time but of course I'm doing it for my needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKW View Post
i should have also mentioned for those that don't know.... You will lose all your stored music.

GW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Yep, it's awesome.
There are a couple of threads on purchasing a compatible SSD drive to run off the USB-C port within the console. Do yourself a favor and get one as beyond blowing past the built-in 40GB of storage of the iDrive 7 platform it will protect you from the inherent BMW F'ups during iDrive 7 updates.
Appreciate 0