View Single Post
      06-09-2020, 06:24 AM   #100
redhot47fla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60, '24 X6 40i ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Thankfully that is a 2019 vs 2020 recall so my 11/2019.55 rides on until BMW can convince me otherwise. Bottom line is I'm not open to an iDrive shit show of an experience due to their absolutely incompetence in the software world. If they tell me I need a full iDrive update for Android Auto I'll pass as I've lived without it for many years as my prior Lexus did not support it as well. My priority is a flawlessly functional ConnectedDrive and seamless interoperability with the SSD in the console for my music source which I have with the 11/2019.55 release.
As the OP, I agree. As aggravating as it is to still be without the apps and other functionality I had when I brought the car in for “service” this past March, my priorities also include a mostly functional ConnectedDrive app (I still can’t receive destinations in the car, which I could before March), an operating wi-fi connection, and also not having to ask r33_RGSport to recode me yet again.

So, rather than taking the risk, I’ll just sit on this flawed software until I summon the courage to bring the car in for its next “service” in 2021.

(I note that, according to RGW, BMW still hasn’t figured out a way to save our settings and restore them after a software “upgrade.”)
- Retired: Three Lexuses.

Last edited by redhot47fla; 06-09-2020 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 1