Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
If other marques are being affected it absolutely makes it much more likely the tires are the issue, and as I said earlier on in the thread it may be due to how the tread was set when the tire was made, as if its off angle by even a very small degree it could cause improper wear and the vehicle should not track straight, is your car pulling either left or right?

Really hope you get this resolved with the new Michelins, they are my favorite tire brand.
There was absolutely no vibration, tracking issues or anything prior to the tyres wearing through. The only issue I had was the grinding of the tyres on full steering lock at low speed, which was (allegedly) due to the Ackermann steering geometry setup used on all 8-Series.

Its a strange one - I know !
If the tires were the issue you would have one of the two aforementioned issues. I have not experienced the f/e grinding you mention, is it widespread/common? Don't recall others experiencing it.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0