View Single Post
      05-21-2020, 01:20 PM   #8
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
Vic I have seen your history of cars and wheels for many years. Actually bought one of your sets off your w212 wagon. I remember you were always HRE. HRE makes a great product and I have ran a couple sets in the past. Haven’t seen a set of HRE’s on one of your rides for several years

As time has gone on my desire to mod my cars has remained but going with the most expensive wheels / brand has gone away. Quality/ safety/ price is most important now and I feel there are many wheel companies that can offer that.
What!!!! Who did you buy them from? Yes Ive had 16 sets of HRE's but this was when I felt OEM wheels just didnt look good or were built well. Id have to say my affinity for OEM wheels has adjusted over the years and marry that in with my constant selling of cars in the short term; spending 8-10k on a set of brilliant HRE wheels has not been in the cards.

I did a few sets in the past few years on my Turbo S, R8, AMG GTS, but nothing my M5, Porsche GTS, or my E63S. I was using Klassen cause his forgings are done at the same place where HRE's are done. Of course HRE is defined by its fit and finish and unique weight savings but with 600 hp on these cars I was fine. I think now Im just done with aftermarket wheels but applaud your choices.

My wagon with your wheels LOL:

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
LSM1118.00