Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 & 2016 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot47fla View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl650 View Post
Too many dealers play it safe and order cars in white and black since they're historically easier to sell. In addition to what's sitting on dealer lots, most of the unclaimed M8s at the port (as in dealer doesn't want) are also white and black. These are the cars that are going to be left at the end of the year.
Just had that discussion this morning with my wife. The vast majority of BMWs available here in North Florida/South Georgia are black or white.

And most of the blacks are black on black, which produce really quite the...environment...here during our super-heated/humid summers.

I can't begin to imagine what whoever is ordering these things is thinking.
I'm also in Florida and quickly came to the same conclusion. That's why I grabbed an M8 coupe in Marina Bay Blue. Several days after I purchased the car, BMW announced there wouldn't be any US coupe or convertible production in 2021. Within two weeks, all of the other cars I was considering were sold. Unless you're looking for black on black or white with black, buy now. The car costs too much to have to settle.
Appreciate 2