12-14-2018, 01:15 PM   #45
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
It is MORE convenient. I've been doing it for 5 years. I do it SPECIFICALLY because it is much more convenient. I unplug the car when I leave in the morning and I plug it back in when I get home in the evening. Are you calling me a liar?

We have rebuilt lots of stuff in our infrastructure because "PROGRESS". We have rebuilt our electrical transmissions systems numerous time (or do you still have fuses instead of breakers, or cotton insulated wires in YOUR house?) We have changed our television transmission systems (analog to digital), cell phone transmission systems (CDMA/TDMA to GSM), Radio broadcast systems (AM/FM to Satellite), Navigation (Maps to GPS), Fuel (Corn/Oats to Gasoline to Electric), and so many other systems in the name of PROGRESS.

NETFLIX "served us so well" when they mailed us DVD's - now they have changed their delivery system to streaming. See? PROGRESS.

PROGRESS because it is more convenient, flexible, functional, reliable, cheaper, or better for the planet.

I can effectively run my EV on Solar Power, Wind Power, Geothermal, Nuclear, etc. You simply don't have that option with an ICE.

I'm curious what the source of your Rant is and what agenda its trying to bolster. I've been running EV's for 5 years quite simply cause its much more convenient. All the rest (saving the planet, etc) is just gravy...

Get over it.
So it's great that it works for you, and it may be the future but it's a long way off, same for autonomous cars.

When the government started offering rebates for EV's they said they wanted 10% of all the cars in Ontario to be EV's in 5 years as I recall. Toronto Hydro commented that 10% EV's would collapse the grid in Toronto. Some of the other issues that have come up in Toronto and I suspect other older cities is the lack of ability to get cars plugged in as many homes only have street parking and not reserved. There have been a number of folks with EV;s that can't get them charged at home as they may have to park blocks away. The city also won't allow folks to run charging outlets out to the street.

And I don't need to get over anything, I'm happy with my diesel.
Appreciate 0