IndyRed128i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 230I(Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
I am going with 6/1/2020.

Why?

Because much longer than that and the economic devastation will outweigh the loss of life. There is a line, and several indicators show that date to be about where the line resides.

At that point - far more people will die or have their lives destroyed, such as permanent homelessness, drug addiction, suicide, malnourishment, starvation, and such from the economic destruction than the virus itself.

I believe some indicators show a loss of life from the shutdown of the economy to exceed 1MM if we keep it shutdown longer than that.
These are my thoughts exactly. Most reasonable people want to protect public health, but there is a huge middle ground between completely pulling the plug, and taking no precautions at all.

Having the economy shut down for months and months will have a ripple effect that will hurt all levels of the economy, and if we aren’t careful, there will be much more suffering from that than from COVID 19.

Here in Dallas, the city council just extended the shelter in place until April 30th , with the mayor having the discretion to extend until May 20th, so we will see how this plays out.
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille5392.50