01-13-2021, 11:29 AM   #7
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBMWWINS View Post
There are pros and cons with both.The only and MAIN reason why I would NOT choose the dealer in this case, is that these are not OEM parts so if something goes wrong or they need longer than planned or advised, you will sit on the extra labor, money and eventually issues....should any arise. Best is to take some time if needed to research and find a reputable shop that has at least some experience in mounting these non-OEM parts and has dealt, or better deals with aerodynamic components mods often. I would drive to them then even if they are located further away. I am prepared to drive a few hours to my favorite shop (mods, tuning or whatever treats to the car) when I think it's worth it and combined with a get-away trip whenever possible. But that may not be worth it for everyone.
I did some retrofts at BMW directly because they were original parts and because I know the SA there and also know they work top class in all respects. But generally, and with my previous cars, I most often did NOT go the dealer even when the mods involved OEM components.
that's a fair point and I agree 100% thanks buddy.
Appreciate 0