Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
The answer to how one can cope with being sad is very simple:

Strengthen your physical being; your body. Lift weights. Push yourself in what you can achieve, physically. Eat the optimal kinds of foods to build physical strength. Get the optimal amount of sleep, every single night.

Why?

When the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts. A strong body will be the greatest, most effective antidepressant you will ever find. I promise.
This is so true. I used to be pretty athletic up until I hit about 40. Then I found it too easy to make excuses about being too busy to work out. Then I herniated a disc in my back from a motorcycle mishap. Blah, blah, blah. Excuses excuses. Well this December my wife talked me into joining her gym and going with her to spin classes, cardio / weight circuit training, even yoga. My mood is 100% improved. I feel fantastic and so much less in the dumps than I normally am in winter. Not sure if its the exercise or just standing in the back of the class looking out over a sea of tight asses in yoga pants, but whatever it is it's working!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster;

Not sure if its the exercise or just standing in the back of the class looking out over a sea of tight asses in yoga pants, but whatever it is it's working!

It's the tight asses. I played competitive soccer and lifted weights until i got hurt and had kids. Now I'm 39! i go to FX45 with my wife during my lunch hour for a quick workout and look at rear burger that is literally 2ft in front of my face at times.
To perhaps make it slightly more scientific and slightly less pervy [you damn oldies!] when you see an attractive woman looking at you when you're going for a big lift, or catch a few smiles from women at SoulCycle or whatever it is you kids go to these days, it kick starts / ramps up your natural biological instincts. This then causes a chemical reaction within your body, flooding your body with testosterone, endorphins, etc. Not only does this give you natural, subconscious incentive to continue going back and hitting the weights / bike harder than before, but it also gets you more in touch with your body.

Human beings were never intended to work a 9-5 desk / computer job, then go home and sit on the couch and watch tv, and then hit the sack until the next day, and the next 9-5. We're as physical specimens as we are mental. We NEED physical activity for our bodies to perform optimally. We NEED to tap into that biological drive, in the physical sense, to push us to become better beings.

Set some crazy goals for yourself, OP, and get hellbent on achieving them. My first ever goal, when I decided I wanted to quit being a depressed wuss, was to pack on 25# of muscle in the first year of lifting. What happened when I achieved that? I set a new goal, and a new goal, etc. But what was I doing in the eyes of others? Flipping my life from looking like a skinny, depressed, shy, quiet, weird kid with 3 total friends to a swole, emotionally stable, outgoing, strong, not as weird man with endless friends.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11468.00