View Single Post
      04-20-2019, 08:18 AM   #9
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_H View Post
I confirm the iPhone intermittent connection problems reported in this thread, My solution is to disable the hot spot (wifi access point) feature and most of my connection problems are gone.

I confirm the phone going to the apple pay screen when placed on the induction charger, this is likely due to the activation of the NFC chip in the phone by the idrive: BMW was supposed to release the NFC 2.0 software for apple iOS in March to turn the phone in a keyless system....

When stopping at a freeway toll booth in France, and using apple carplay, the screen goes blank ! It has happened to me many time. System reboots after leaving the booth. Again my interpretation is that the car is being impaired by the toll system using NFC.

Definitely not very professional from BMW's software group. Problem exists probably on the rest of the BMW line (new X5 and 7). I have had my car since February. Should have been corrected by then.

Other than that the car is a blast, I raced a Nissan GTR the other day and hit 250 Km/h on the freeway. Thank you Waze!
I have a X7 with the same iDrive 7 system as the new 8 but when iOS 12.2 was released it resolved the Apple Pay pop up issue when placing the phone on the charging pad. The only remaining issue for me is the iPhone not always reconnecting. I have to restart my iPhone when this happens.
Appreciate 0