View Single Post
      04-19-2019, 11:11 AM   #7
redhot47fla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60, '24 X6 40i ordered

Other intermittent connection issues (and workarounds) involving my M850i and an iPhone XS:

- I've found that if two iPhones are paired to the car and both are in the car (or near it), the system often becomes confused and ends up connecting to the wrong phone or none at all. The "solution" - I've had to unpair my wife's phone.

- I've found that if any other Apple device is in the car, such as an iPad that auto-connects to the car's wi-fi and/or the car's Bluetooth, the car is reluctant to connect to my phone if I'm trying to access both iDrive and CarPlay. Generally, it will connect to just iDrive.

- Under other circumstances - nothing but me and my phone in the car - I can easily swap between iDrive and CarPlay by touching the home screen. Unless the phone is on the wireless charging pad. Then, it won't recognize or go to CarPlay.

- When I place the iPhone on the wireless charging pad, the phone automatically goes to the Apple Pay screen. I am not making that up.
---
Separately, I am a fan of (and former consultant for) XM satellite radio. (To me, it always will be just "XM".) Anyway, I am noticing many more dropouts in sat-radio reception in the M850 than I've ever experienced with any other BMW model or any other car from any manufacturer. I stumbled upon a schematic that seemed to show that the sat-radio antenna is buried in the M850's rear driver-side fender, since there is no shark fin antenna on this model. That almost certainly is the source of the reception issue. Anyone else noticing the same?
- Retired: Three Lexuses.

Last edited by redhot47fla; 04-20-2019 at 07:47 AM..
Appreciate 0